The project implies a focus on climate care and environmental protection.
The duration of the project:
4 January 2021 – 30 April 2021
Activities to be undertaken in the project:
- a four-day study visit of Senifenco and LEVEL UP team in Rogaland Folk Academy in Norway with the aim of discovering the Norwegian educational model in the field of non-formal education;
- organization of five intergenerational workshops (seniors for youth, youth for seniors) during which knowledge and skills learned in Norway will be used. The workshops will refer to the so-called resourcefulness in life and transfer of knowledge to the younger generation in the following areas: a new life for old things, food preservation, saving skills and taking care of health. Elderly people as active leaders will pass on their everyday life knowledge to the younger generation;
- creation of 6 research teams; each will involve 5 people (aged 13-18). The youth will develop 6 micro-projects based on the Norwegian educational model on the topic of ecology;
- the youth will be equipped with competences to work efficiently in a group, to achieve the micro-project goals they have set, and to develop and present the results. Including: working methods in the Norwegian educational model folkehøgskole; public speaking/pecha kucha/elevator pitch; group communication, leadership skills;
- during seven months of work, teams will receive help in the form of so-called “umbrella” workshops (warsztaty “parasol”) to support the implementation of youth initiatives;
- the project is based on practical activities of the youth.
What are we doing during the project?
- we are creating an opportunity to carry out 6 macro-projects in the subject of ecology, taken up by the youth and using methods employed in the Norway educational model in so-called folkehøgskole, i.e. folk schools, with the aim of transferring them to Poland;
- we are teaching young people to acquire practical knowledge;
- we are taking care of the environment and ecology;
- we are activating senior citizens; we are using their potential and benefiting from their knowledge;
- we are motivating the young generation to use that knowledge.
LEVEL UP Association,
Rogaland Folk Academy