Study Tours to Poland
Study Tours to Poland (STP) for students is one of the first recurring Polish education programs dedicated to university youth from Eastern Europe. Under this program, students from Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine take part in study visits in Poland.
The students apply individually in a competition for their participation in the Program. The competition is held by the Borussia organization and by Liderzy Przemian. Study tours of groups of a dozen or so students occur twice a year – in spring and autumn, in different university cities. Every year, Poland hosts over 200 Program participants.
The goal of STP for students is to show different aspects of living in Poland, the mechanisms of systemic transformation and modernization, as well as to provide the experience of being a part of the EU structures. What is equally important is learning about the non-governmental sector and different forms of civic activity. STP for students is one of the first recurring Polish education programs dedicated to university youth from Eastern Europe. The participants of the program take part in study tours in Poland. More about the program here.
The tour agenda includes:
- Meetings with public life leaders in Poland
- Visits to and discussions at public offices and institutions
- Learning culture and history of Poland
- Getting to know the specificity of Polish regions
- Visits to newspaper and magazine offices, radio and TV stations, meetings with journalists
- Learning about NGOs, their place in the society, dialogue with authorities at various levels and their actions for the benefit of local communities
- Presentations on innovations in business and business activity
- Meetings with representatives of academic communities – university authorities, professors and students, forms of students’ social activity