21.09.2023 – 30.09.2023
Orientation visit for Lane Kirkland Scholarship recipients
The Kirkland Programme offers two-semester scholarships for continuing studies at Polish universities. Young leaders and experts from 11 countries with a university degree are eligible to apply for the scholarship: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region.
In this year’s programme, we became co-organisers of an orientation visit. People come to us in Łódz at the beginning of their stay in Poland to get to know the country and integrate.
Activities to be carried out in the project:
- integration of the programme’s participants,
- presenting the history, culture and traditions of Poland,
- presenting the culture and history of Łódź.
What we do during the project:
- a series of meetings with lectures on Poland, culture, and useful knowledge in an academic environment, e.g. a lecture on the protection of intellectual property, a workshop on political and economic transition, a visit to the City Hall in Łódź,
- opening lecture of the entire programme,
- introducing Łódź and its history,
- Polish language course,
- integration and multicultural workshops,
- cultural and entertainment programme.
The following are involved in the project:
Leaders of Change Foundation
LEVEL UP Association
University of Łódź
Academy of Humanities and Economics in Łódź