Adult Youth today utilise the internet in every aspect of their lives and have the ability to communicate with others and connect with those who share similar interests and views. Social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook, which provide access to a global audience, have enabled many adult youths to develop careers as Internet entrepreneurs.
Job titles such as Blogger, V-logger, Youtuber, etc. are now commonplace in the career planning thoughts of many of today’s adult youths as the opportunities for generating income and developing businesses based solely in online environments continue to expand. Internet entrepreneurs are not a new phenomenon but there is a uniqueness about the latest emerging Internet business sensations as for the first time the scope for developing an online business is not confined to those who are computer savvy with the ability to write code or create applications.
The Internet entrepreneurship that Web 2.0 and its user created content promised has now arrived and is flexing its business muscle. In this most recent Internet phenomenon, the ‘product’ is often the person or persona themselves. Vlogging, Blogging and Youtubing about daily activities or interests has become a professional activity for many adult youths. These new entrepreneurs are in fact the epitome of entrepreneurship taking the ‘mundane’, the ‘ordinary’ and the ‘everyday’ and turning them into lucrative fields of business endeavor.
One of the main attractions of these new online businesses is the accessibility of the required social media platforms and the relatively small cost in setting up a business as the main investment necessary is an investment of time and energy. To ensure that adult youth can harness the full potential of this latest Internet entrepreneurship trend there is a need for bespoke next generation online entrepreneurship training. This is the gap in the current adult youth development service pantheon that the DEFAULT project will address.
DEFAULT project includes 3 accepted Intellectual Outputs, 5 Transnational Project Meetings, 17 Multiplier Events and 1 Training Course:
- TPM1 in Thessaloniki, Greece
- IO1: “Entrepreneurship Curriculum on-line”
- TPM2 in Menteşe, Turkey
- IO2: “In-service training for youth professionals”
- TPM3 in Nicosia, Cyprus
- IO3: “Next Generation On-line entrepreneur case-studies”
- C1 in Nicosia, Cyprus
- TPM4 in Palermo, Italy
- E1-E8: “Next Generation On-line Entrepreneurship Workshop” in every country
- E9-E16: “Adult-Youth Entrepreneurship Business Breakfast” in every country
- E17: “Final Conference” in Vaduz, Liechtenstein
- TPM5 in Triesen, Liechtenstein
- Coordinator: Capital Youth Association e.V. (CYA) – Liechtenstein
- P2: Social Innovation and Cohesion Institute (Fifty-Fifty) – Greece
- P3: CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE DELL’EDUCAZIONE E LO SVILUPPO ASSOCIAZIONE (CEIPES) – Italy
- P4: SBTC DANISMANLIK (SBTC) – Turkey
- P5: CYPRUS ORGANIZATION FOR SUSTAINABLE EDUCATION AND ACTIVE LEARNING (S.E.A.L CYPRUS) – Cyprus
- P6: Prios Kompetanse AS – Norway
- P7: Academy for International Science and Research (AISR) – United Kingdom
- P8: Stowarzyszenie Level UP (LevelUp) – Poland